Sunday, January 13, 2008

Uggggggggggggh.

I'm sorry for the lack of posting this weekend but I was looking forward to a relaxing time, and it's been nothing but stress!

My car quit on me Friday night on the way home from work. I thought it was out of gas but it wouldn't run again after putting some in it, so it's at the garage waiting a fuel system check on Monday. By the time I got it towed, got a rental car and got home, it was 10pm. Much too late to go to the booksigning I was trying to make. My car has never not started, not in the 9 years and 130,000 miles I've driven it. I hope it isn't dead.

(Why do I have a rental car? Because I'm a grownup, I live in a city with a significant lack of public transportation, I'm not going to bum rides from anybody and darnit, this is why I have a savings account. Besides, I get a really good corporate rate with Hertz.)

Yesterday I had to go pick up some stuff in Kentucky. It was a perfect, pretty drive. My iPod has been up for auction, and I was hoping it would have sold by the time I got back. Sure did - to someone in China! I'd specified US only, so I offered a second-chance thing to my next bidder, but it turns out her account was hacked and the whole thing resulted in my listing being ended (though I didn't do anything wrong). So I just found out about that, and have relisted it.

I haven't knit a stitch today, but I plan to. I got a salad at Tossed, I took down my Christmas tree today and I played too much mahjongg online. I'm happy for the Patriots and the Chargers, but I have to say - that logo looks like a banana.

Not very productive weekend, gallies! I'm not upset about it at all, just feeling a bit tired. Sometimes the best thing for me in this kind of case is just something simple - a warm mug of tea, some clean sheets, a little wool and a good movie. My sheets are in the dryer, I'm going to put the kettle on and see if I can't find a big shoot-em-up to watch. And feel better.

Happy Sunday!

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

*fingers crossed* for good news on your car!

6:09 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

Warm fresh sheets ease a lot of ills. I hope you have a lovely night!

6:24 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Sorry about the car and the iPod and everything. I hope you get in some relaxation soon. Tea always helps me, as do shoot-em-ups.

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home