Thursday, January 10, 2008

Because ugly toes are why I knit socks

Sorry, y'all, my toes are ugly. Unkempt, plain, knobby and generally not-cute. But I have the remedy!

Jaywalkers!

Jaywalkers

One nearly done! (The first picture is more colour-accurate.)

Stats:
Pattern: Jaywalker by the newly-married Grumperina. (Congratulations!) Yarn: Vesper sock yarn in the gorgeously self-striping Love Stinks (Yeah Yeah) colourway by the uber-talented Julia. Needles: 1.5mm, time spent: about 2 weeks on this sock. I have no excuse for that. Getting gauge for this pattern is a tad fiddly, but other than that? I took forays into stranded knitting, my lovely Japanese crochet book, and finished my scarf in addition to getting this far on the sock. Fast knit!

It needs finishing and it needs a mate. But for now, I'm loving it! This yarn is unbelievably beautiful, sleek and soft. The colours are rich, the colour changes are perfect, and the put-up is very generous. Julia's a dream to deal with and ships fast - and she always includes some tissue, which Fee claims as soon as I unwrap the yarn. (Fee wanted me to write this. She has a stack of 15 or so sheets of tissue paper in the dining room that are her Very, Very Own. Grady sits on the yarn whenever possible.) We heart Vesper at Chez I-Cord!

Happy Fridaylicious!

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Beautiful colours!

7:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would call your toes long and elegant. Some difference in perspective, huh?

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... if you dislike your toes that much, perhaps a toe-up sock would work? I don't think your toes need toe-up though.

11:36 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Nothing wrong with your toes. But the Jaywalkers look great, such pretty stripes!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Everyone gets something. Now that's customer service!

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home