Saturday, November 03, 2007

Quicksand!

I think I remember telling y'all that when I was a kid I was terrified of a tidal wave hitting Lake Michigan. (I didn't do as well as my parents would have liked in geography.) Another thing I was afraid of was quicksand. After all, the beach was COVERED with sand - who's to say it was all okay?

I watched a bit of Blazing Saddles today, and the quicksand bit brought back memories.

So, what in the wide world of sports have I been up to?

Coughing. Lots and lots and lots of boomy, echoey, painful, non-productive coughing. It would be easier if it cleared out my chest, but it doesn't. My asthma is still calming down, and thanks to Proventil the coughing isn't as bad as it could be. But it's nowhere near gone, and it's sucking the life out of me.

Ok, the ENERGY. I am so tired from all the wheezing and coughing and chest hurting. And this isn't even a bad attack anymore. So please forgive my absence. I've had deadlines, photo shoots and a million other obligations that took what little go I have had.

But today? The Vandy-Florida game is on, I have pictures, and no excuses. Pics today will be teeny because there are so many (click for bigger).

At SAFF:

Wow, what a great time we had! I would totally do this again. I got a pound of this lovely cocoa-colored alpaca yarn:

A half-pound of alpaca-y goodness

Five skeins of Brooks Farm FourPlay in this yummy bronze colour:

Brooks Farm FourPlay

There were tons of activities to watch - spinning, weaving, sock-making on an antique machine, washboard felting...

Brooks Farm Booth:
Brooks Farm Booth

Alpaca fleece ready to spin (why are the drive belts on wheels all purple?):
Alpaca fleece ready to spin, and a drive belt

Angora bunnies:
Angora rabbits

Fleece for sale:
Fleece for sale

Some Ravelers before the meetup:
Some Ravelers at SAFF

Washboard felting:
Washboard felting at SAFF

Wheels looking for a good home:
SAFF - spinning wheels

A Huacaya alpaca llama, who liked another layer of fence between himself and people:
Peeking Alpaca


Next post will be about the meetup. And since any post is not complete without kitty pictures:

(This is her true personality sometimes.)
Blurry but Not Happy

(I think Grady is picking up a signal from the rings of Saturn here.)
Grady

12 Comments:

Blogger Annie said...

Ooh, your photos really make me wish I'd been there! Fee looks a little scary. I hope you're feeling better soon!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Batty said...

Those pictures are fabulous! They make me wish I could have been there. But, like you, I'm all coughy and wheezy, and I'm definitely not going anywhere.

I know coughs are bat when you have asthma. DH has to go to see his doctor every time because the only way his lungs are going to be free is if he gets an inhaler just for the duration of the cold. It sucks, but it works.

4:18 PM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

OOooh pretty 4-play. I hope you're feeling much better now. =)

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blazing Saddles is so wrong, yet so classic. I love that movie. :)

7:27 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Purty purty pictures! Though the ones of the catchenal units maybe are a mite scary.... You! You! Feel better. Pronto!

8:23 PM  
Blogger Grandma Barb said...

Your photos are great!! Feel better soon! Blazing Saddles was always a family favorite. As soon as we were all in the car, the kids would start the dialog and about go though the entire movie. Not exactly politically correct nowadays!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Meghann said...

The alpaca looks SOOO yummy! Feel better!

4:28 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The Brooks fiber booth looks amazing! Maybe someday I'll make the trip. Sounds like it would be tons of fun. I hope you feel better soon. It gets old fast when a person doesn't feel up to par.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Love This Space said...

oooh, the unproductive cough. They checked for walking pneumonia, right?

7:55 PM  
Blogger Kat said...

Thank you so much for sharing the pics. I wish I could have been there!

I do have to add one note, though. As someone who has owned llamas and been around a LOT of alpacas, that pic you posted is not a Huacaya alpaca. He/she is a llama, and a cute one! I'm sure I would have spent most of my time talking to all of the animals, the llamas especially. :)

I hope you feel better soon!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Bun - yes, my lungs are clear. :)

6:06 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

i want a purple drive band!

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home