Sunday, September 02, 2007

Hi everyone! I'm on vacation!

Yesterday we found this really great little yarn shop crammed to the rafters with all kinds of good stuff, and I bought 12 skeins of Dale of Norway Heilo. The shop is in Ludington, MI and called "Nautical Yarns." Check it out! I've been looking for this yarn in person for a very long time, and it turned out to be as good as I hoped it was. It's Norwegian wool, just slightly slippery (from the lanolin), sleek and very soft. I know I'm really supposed to be using it for colorwork, but I want to make something at a fine gauge with it that is solid. (Probably crazy of me.)

I also got two skeins of Lily Chin's Chelsea yarn, and I didn't know she makes yarn, but it is gorgeous. It's a cotton-wool blend and a very pretty pink. That will become socks.

The weather is great, it's fun to see everyone up here, and last night my cousin Wayne tricked me into eating turtle soup he was making. I've eaten turtle soup before and would have tried it anyway, but he gave me a bowl and told me to try it before he told me what was in it. (My dad wouldn't try it.) It wasn't exactly the same as what I had before in New Orleans; less peppery and more like a vegetable beef soup, but it was good.

So anyway, there is that. Back Tuesday!

4 Comments:

Blogger bellamoden said...

Oh, sounds like such a fun vacation!

11:53 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Glad you're having fun!!

6:33 PM  
Blogger meg said...

Sounds like a perfect vacation. I've had turtle soup once at the Commander's Palace in New Orleans and I absolutely loved it. Sounds icky but really was delish.

6:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My turtles wouldn't be very happy with me if I were to eat turtle soup!

Does it taste like chicken ;-)

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home