Thursday, June 07, 2007

My own found objects

Doodling and scrawling and writing strange things down helps me concentrate and think and settle my head. I didn't knit a stitch yesterday, but I did draw this on the back of a box from Orbit gum (raspberry mint). I have a lot of found objects in my life. I never started this on purpose, but I seem to use receipts for bookmarks a lot. So I'll crack open a book I haven't read in a long time only to find that on October 28, 1999, I got thirteen gallons of gas. It's kind of fun and weird. (I never throw them out when I find them in books.) I have nothing else cool to share. Oh wait, I had lunch with Betty and blogless Tanya yesterday. That was cool - I ate bison! I always like bison. Betty wanted me to get the bison meatloaf. But I had meatloaf foisted on me as a kid, and I don't like meat and ketchup together. (Sorry, Betty.) :) She finished the Lorelei tank from No Sheep for You and was wearing it. It's FABULOUS! Go check it out. What a great color, great combination, so well done. I can't wait till you start writing patterns, girl!

Gum Box

Also, I love my new printer with built-in scanner. It's an Epson something or other, and it is ugly - it looks like a battleship. But it's so handy. Photocopier, scanner, printer. Happy!

5 Comments:

Blogger Nell said...

Yum, raspberry mint. Sounds good. I am a manic doodle-r too....

9:18 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Lorelei is from Yarnplay! :)

11:52 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Raspberry mint. Yum, drool, salivate.

OK, it's getting hard to concentrate on anything not food-related.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I need a thingamajiggy like that!

2:59 PM  
Blogger LC said...

i like finding little items from my life like that too! and i like finding other people's, like books i have gotten off paperbackswap.com or the thrift store. the other day i found a 2-year old baseball ticket with some stuff scribbled on back of it that someone had used as a bookmark

6:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home