Monday, June 11, 2007

I have my doubts, but at least it isn't pooling

If this actually turns into a sock, it will be a miracle. I don't know how this kooky funny looking mitered thing is going to make it. Tonight (maybe) I am going to knit the toe.

Sidewinder progress

Just kidding. The green is the cast on edge - that's waste yarn. You knit straight for about 7 rows and then start a series of paired decreases that form one side of the heel. Knitting starts at the center back, you knit part 1 of the heel, then the toe, then the foot, then the rest of the toe and the rest of the heel. It gets seamed up in the back.

Fee would like y'all to know she could care less.

Fee

More good news: I finally found a pattern I don't mind using Socks That Rock to knit. I used to be totally infatuated with STR, but I am not so infatuated with all the pooling. (I used to make fun of people like me who got mad at it.) I am going to order some of the semi-solids next, and possibly I will love that. But no more variegated STR for me!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hunny said...

WOW can't wait to see how that sock turns out. Very weird looking. I am using some variegated STR in md weight and I have avoided pooling. But I am still on the cuff of the first sock. I have to try some semi-solid.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

I love it! Beautiful yarn, it's behaving beautifully.

Great cat picture. I love cat pictures.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

It looks great, just like Nona's! Go you! :)

10:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey you !!

I just got a lovely little package from you !! Thanks so much for being my Spring Fling Pal !!

I love everything, it's very 'me' !!

Hugs,
Gigi

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home