Saturday, March 10, 2007

Good grief!

Good grief, I haven't posted since Wednesday?? What is wrong with me?

Today I went to an Irish festival here in town. Basic petting-zoo, funnel-cake, loud music kind of street party. It was fun. Then we went to see 300. It was really, really good. It is really, really unapologetically political though. I didn't go for the politics - I went for all the !!washboard stomachs!! fight scenes. I don't know why I'm so keen on those, but I really like a good choreographed fight scene. Much more so than 90% of chick flicks, though I did watch Fried Green Tomatoes tonight.

I haven't been up to much. My Pomatomy socks are driving me batty. I need to put them down and knit something else. What happened? Pooling. First I thought breaking the yarn would help, but it just pooled differently. Then I realized it was probably stitch count so I increased out by four, and before I could really see if that worked I got scared it would be too big and decreased by two again. Then I decided heck with it and increased two again. This is only on the stockinette part of the foot, so I have 36 each top and bottom. I am still waiting to see if it works. For now I'm getting some striping that I don't want. If this keeps up I'll rip back to the end of the heel and knit the top of the foot in 1x1 twisted rib. Either way I'll probably rip something.

I found myself today wishing I was doing some kind of plain knitting. I am pretty sure that means I need to make a quick project that goes fast and doesn't involve crazy stitch counts that change every row. While Pomato is not hard, it's definitely a project that you need your head in once you hit the foot. I haven't been very into it.

Maybe I will cast on for some cable-and-rib socks from Hello Yarn in worsted weight lime green Encore worsted. Last fall I promised a colleague some socks for his daughter...they'll go fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home