Saturday, September 16, 2006

Ok y'all

I just signed up for Socktoberfest.

Y'all should too! I mean it. Sign UP WITH ME!

I went to the State Fair tonight and saw Sheila's prize-winning knitting! Go Sheila! Also I saw/smelled sheep. Saw the prize-winning fleece, displayed unceremoniously in a trash bag. Saw some adorable goats. Tons o' bunnies, roosters and other interesting birds. My favorite was the Bantam rooster. He was cool. But my second favorites were these critters - Polish Roosters - because they were the most beautiful iridescent colors and have that funny mop on top of their heads. Also roosters have scary feet. Because y'all, those spurs. They are frightening.

I think I want to knit the Log Cabin socks from Handknit Holidays for my Socktoberfest. Arch shaping socks are proceeding nicely, but as soon as I feel like I "did it" I want to move on to something new. I'm terrible that way!

3 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

I'm signed up too :)

12:47 PM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

I'm signed-up, too! I'm not entirely sure what all's involved, but I'm in, anyway.

Are you just supposed to pick a sock project and finish it in October?

9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I'm knitting socks for the Grey's Anatomy Knit-Along, I suppose it wouldn't hurt.

1:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home