Saturday, September 09, 2006

Lintectomy

Let me tell you, I lurrrrve my Secret Pal 7. I got a nifty package from her the other day, and I've got to tell you about it.

First was a really funny, really terrific handmade card featuring Mean Girl. I was really happy to see her starring in the card! Next, a San Diego baseball hat. This will come in handy tomorrow, because I'm going to the Titans/Jets game. If the crowd doesn't kill me for wearing a non-Titans hat. Next, a bottle of Sage oil which smells amazing. So amazing that when I was at Yankee Candle Co today I bought myself a sage/citrus tart warmer for my car.

And the best for last - a sweater stone. I've heard of these but never seen them. I've been crazy busy all week but finally today had a chance to try it out. So I picked the pilly-est thing in my apartment, a Scottish throw blanket given to me years ago by GB. I love the blanket but it was looking seriously ratty. Unfortunately the pilling didn't show up so well before on camera, but here is an after picture, post lintectomy:
Blanket

And below is a photo of Grady sitting with all the lint pillys I got from the blanket. What do you think, should I send it to one of my spinny friends to spin up for me? Looks like yark, huh? And he looks guilty. It's bigger than a handful, if you can believe it. Of lint.
That is not what you think it is.

The downside is that I have ten thousand little wooly things clogging my breathing tubes. But the blanket looks great!

I am sad to say I am frogging my Schaefer Anne sock. It just isn't in the cards for this sock to happen at this time. My gauge is too loose for the yarn and I don't particularly want to drop to size 0s. I am loving the idea of this arch shaping though, so I think I am going to find a nice Nancy Bush pattern and add it in and start over. Sniff. I think that if it wasn't a $26 skein of sock yarn I'd have frogged a long time ago. Like three weeks ago. Chalk that up to a bad decision to continue when I wasn't feeling the love. I have barely been able to bring myself to work on them (here's your sign).

This is the Log Cabin Thing I've been working on again. Too many mistakes, will probably eventually make it a cat bed and felt it. But I love the colors.
Log Cabin Thing

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I reeeeally like the color combination on the log cabin! Nice choices!

8:31 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Grady has a "it's not my fault" look on his face :)

Lovely log cabin!

3:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Harley and My Grady want some lint too!!!! You've inspired me to sweater stone some stuff!

As for the Anne, I ended up on 0s and it's really not bad at all. I'll be at the shop today with my sock if you want to see it.

Miss ya!

7:16 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

Such wonderful colour choices in the Log Cabin! What yarn is that?

9:14 AM  
Blogger turtlegirl76 said...

I need me a sweater stone. Wow.

I love the log cabin color combo!

9:20 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Gee, that sweater stone may be just what I need to rescue my GGable (so I can frog it!) I love the log cabin colors! Grady, too cute!

11:13 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Lintectomy...haha! Love it! May use that at work and see what they think..hehe

11:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the log cabin colors are awesome.

i've totally done the thing where you keep knitting even though you know it's not going to work. why do we do that?

7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

unless I've very eerily fallen into a time warp or horribly mis-represented my poor secret pal.. isn't it secret pal 8? or was this just a present from your previous sp7 partner? lol. I'm just a tad on the corn-fused side!

moving on..must get sweater stone and i LOVE the colors on your "log cabin thing," too!!

.♥.

2:20 PM  
Blogger MadDog Knitting said...

Gosh I slow to stalk your blog. Thanks a ton for the praise [and the link to my blog]. Glad you liked the stuff. I was cruising [not reading] your blog and thought "oh no what's wrong with Grady" then I read it was courtsey of the sweater stone.

Hope you didn't get harrsed for the SD hat, but glad you will get to enjoy it...[actually most people will probably be jealous]

Great colors on the Log Cabin...I'm sure the cats will love it if you really do turn it into a cat bed.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home