Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Fashion atrocities

My goodness me, we have some ugly "fashion" out there. Y'all, I am the most un-fashionable person in the world when it comes to wearing actual clothes. You would never know that I had any taste at all to look at me. But the mean mean art director in me can't help but comment, starting with Rockstar: Supernova.

First off, Dilana, you can do better. The crazy hair extensions, heroin chic makeup and hardware in your face say one thing: 90s. The 90s are over. You look sad, drunk and tired. Every time I see you I think "You do not seriously think you look good." I know there is a face in there somewhere.

(I warned you - I'm mean tonight!)

Ryan: All Black, All the Time is So 90s.

Storm...maybe you were scared tonight so you dressed up in a crazy costume, but you were a mess. A "Daddy" tattoo on your stomach is not clevah and what was that fake frizz stuff on there because it looked like you shaved it all off and then tattooed it back on - and please for the love of all that is good in the world get some pants that don't require a Hollywood. And save licking Dilana's face for later when y'all two are alone.

(Ok, turning down the Mean.) Lukas looked cool as ice last night and tonight, and Magni, though not particularly fash, always looks good. I am completely fascinated by Lukas' hair and Nathan-Lane eyebrows (they have no arch! Y'all!) Toby (tonight better than last night) rocked it with Billy Idol and the groupie girlies and finally wore something approaching a proper rock costume instead of the t-shirt and twin biker wallets he normally sports. I loved Lukas' performance, but then I think he's far and away the best one. It will be him or Magni. Whoever it is will be the best part of the band.

Now...on to Project Runway. I don't even have the energy to talk about these getups. Predictable, boring...Uli, Vincent...Laura...not my favorites. Kayne - loved the pants and belt buckle but the shirt made it too Elvis, he needed a tight tiny tee to wear that outfit and give it some irony. Also, I hate his hair. Angela looked silly. Michael looked fantabulous, and Jeffrey was ok...hated the jacket but I absolutely loved the rhinestones on those pants. They were A Runway. Hilarious.

So obviously I don't have anything better to do than put down my fellow Americans - but the truth is that I'm just spouting off opinions. Fashion is crap, mostly...but. It's show business, y'all, and obnoxious does not equal cool. I admire people with innate style, who have the moves and the attitude to make everything look good. I also admit to a certain fascination with Tommy Lee's stomach, for some weird reason I am not totally sure of myself (clearly it has to do with the fact that you could bounce a quarter off it) but the clothes just kinda caught my attention tonight.

I got two skeins of Knit Picks Gloss in the mail from a trade I did with a girl over at the Knittyboard. The yarn is extra super beautiful to behold, super soft wool-silk combo, and I would take pictures but it's dark. So maybe tomorrow.

And y'all, when I am not tired and crabby I have to tell you about this writer's night. It was extremely weird. And my car did not get fixed today. The part did not come in. Hopefully it will be there tomorrow, I can get it fixed and then take it over to the car wash and be on my merry way on Friday to Michigan. I like to travel in a clean car.

9 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

I've never been a follower of fashion trends :)

3:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer Coomer said...

I think that I have a lot of the same eyeshadows that Lukas has.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

HA! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

9:18 AM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

What's the first show you're talking about?
I MISSED Project Runway last night damn it!!

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Rockstar Supernova...

9:38 AM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

It's horrible, but I'm so glad Angela got kicked off. Besides being generally annoying, her rosettes were ridiculous. And her outfit was butt ugly!!!!

10:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh man a road trip...and I just sent you another package. Hope it gets to you before you leave.

Your SP7
SP4MG

12:07 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

This isn't a fashion comment, but I am convinced they booted Ryan only because they couldn't boot 4 women in a row. If I recall correctly, in reverse order, Patrice, Zayra, and Jill. No way they could boot Storm (who was my pick to get booted after the sing off) lest they want a riot.

2:03 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Good point - I thought it would be Storm too. So she'll go next week. Then Dilana, and the final three will be Toby, Magni and Lukas.

I think.

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home