Wednesday, July 26, 2006

My Obsession

(cue Animotion track)

(it was Animotion, wasn't it?)

(it's amazing how many 80s songs were so shamelessly about...ahem.)

My obsession

Here you see scientific evidence of two things:
1. Someone has an obsession with cotton yarn, including dishcloths, placemats, bibs, burp cloths and a cosmetic bag.
2. Someone's right hand really hurts.

Someone's stomach, however, is feeling better. Not a lot better, and not 100%, but definitely better. I worked out last night. I wish you could have heard my internal dialogue. "I'm tired." "No." "Come on, there's a stitch in my side." "You are not slowing down." The thing I like about exercise best is that almost always, your body can do way more than you think it can (cue Tour de France clip). I'm glad I pushed through it - I feel better for it.

I have just learned the charming bungalow in a truly crappy neighborhood in Nashville that I have been interested in recently is on the market for $979,000. (Yeah, that was my reaction too. It better bake me biscuits every morning and feature self-cleaning toilets for that price. And no, I am not even remotely in the market for a house that expensive. Besides, I don't need an 8 bedroom house, no matter how charming.)

Someone ELSE asked if Addis and INOX Express (with the black cords) were the same in terms of pointiness. INOX needles are definitely pointier, but they won't poke holes in your hands. A lot of people like the INOX for lace knitting for just that reason (they are around $7 a pair.) Another someone else asked about Sugar n' Cream vs Peaches n' Creme yarns. They're very similar. Heavy cotton with virtually no give. I think Sugar n' Cream probably bleeds more colorwise. I use both, though at the moment I've been buying mostly Sugar n' Cream. And thank you for all the thoughtful comments about needles and stuff, y'all know I love reading your comments, don't you?

7 Comments:

Blogger noblinknits said...

Hooray for feeling a bit better.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

Endorphins...gotta love em. Hope you continue feeling better.

8:26 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

Was that me who asked about pointiness? And then I deleted my comment because I decided I wanted to make a different commnet. And then I forgot to re-comment altogether! LOL!

I am going to have to check out INOX express needles. It would probably help in knitting lace with 100% cotton fingering weight yarn. I would know!!!

9:23 AM  
Blogger Tania A said...

I love Sugarn 'n Cream .. it's the bestest! Well, maybe not quite the bestest, but it's pretty dern cool, if you ask me.

10:10 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Glad to hear your stomach is improving!!

11:56 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Stomachs do need to be bullied into submission sometimes!

So when are we gonna see the results of all this wanton Sugar N Cream usage then?

4:46 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Glad to hear your tummy is better. So what've you been knitting?

3:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home