Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm with Phloyd

First off, can someone tell me why it takes three trips to the store for me to remember butter and tea?

What I think about Floyd is that if Floyd is guilty, Floyd should be sacked from Phonak and generally disgraced. Do I think he IS guilty? Well, there's the test, but to my mind nobody would BE THAT STUPID to try to pull off a win the Tour using drugs. Any stage winner, any yellow jersey holder - the minute they're off the bike, they are in the trailer getting a drug test. They know it. It's ridiculous to try to beat that system.

He flunked the test at Morzine, stage 17. The day he had such a killer ride and made Tour history. Again, I doubt he use drugs and call attention to himself.

So, the SI article I read says, Floyd had been crying when he called the interviewer. Because his mom essentially couldn't go home because so many reporters were angling for a quote. Floyd says it isn't true, and I'm inclined to believe him. I hope and pray it's a flawed test, that the B sample clears him, that it's a medicinal side effect, or that it was simply a mistake.

I hope when they announce that it was, they do it in a way that shows that the Tour's directors are not bitter people bent on defeating Americans in any way possible.

I don't think he did it. I'm with Floyd.

6 Comments:

Blogger Martina said...

I hope he comes out clean too.

8:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so my thought is... they get those results back so quickly... and we did not know about it BEFORE the final time trial and the ride into Paris????Sounds fishy to me. I'm with Floyd.
check out my bro's post on it:
http://grtaylor2.blogspot.com/

9:34 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

I'm with Floyd, too. It's all very messed up....

10:31 PM  
Blogger Betty said...

He needs vindication. Let's hope he gets it soon!

8:14 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Do you know my first thought when I heard the story on NPR was "oh no, this will upset Jen so much and she's finally just starting to get her stomach in order and feel better!"

I'm with you on this one - he's always sounded smart AND ethical - he knew he would immediately be tested (and therefore be caught!) - it just doesn't seem to line up.

8:56 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Sounds dodgy. Hope Floyd comes out ok.

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home