Wednesday, July 19, 2006

New goodies!

I've been TJMaxxing again. This time my search brought me this:

New bag

A Hype Dublino hobo bag. (I got a huge stinking deal on this, more than half off retail and it's perfect.)

But, unlike my Billy Bag, this one does not have a spiffy internal pocket to hold my socks in progress. I'm not really ready to give up the Billy goodness, and I actually went looking hoping to find another Billy. But there were none, and I've been wanting a Hype bag for about a year. So this is definitely the next best thing. (In addition to that, GB can no longer complain that my bag looks like his grandmother's luggage - to which I always reply "Your grandma is cool").

Annnnyway. So, needed a knitting bag to put inside of purse for sock carrying purposes. Today I went to a cute little place called Woo Cosmetics and found three little bags, two ORE and one Walker:
3 Little Bags

The orange and brown canvas bag is for makeup and traveling. The black bag holds my everyday survival kit - lipstick, shiny sheets, mints, eyedrops, lip gloss, tea bag. And the white bag is for this:

Sock Bag
That's right! One pair of socks plus my haul-with-me notions. How fun is that?

I stopped at the yarn store and bought some Blue Sky cotton for another chemo cap, and some Misti Alpaca and needles to teach a coworker to knit:

Blue Sky Cotton

Misti baby alpaca

Now I'm home and, Lord help me when I first got in I thought I could smell cat pee - but it turned out to be a leftover dish of canned cat food from this morning. (Vile.)

I started another bib in a white/pink/brown combination last night while watching L'Alpe d'Huez. I'm so sorry about Floyd. He bonked. That stinks so bad.

Have fun with this link: Weight Watchers recipe cards from 1974 and don't forget about the contest. YOUR local highs! Just post 'em!

Today it really truly is 98 degrees, at 7:02pm.

8 Comments:

Blogger Wannabe said...

Dude, my local high: 115. Beat that suckers! I hate Phoenix in the summertime! Arg. Can't wait to see pics of the bags!

9:53 PM  
Blogger noblinknits said...

OMG such goodies. I love the three mini bag things. I might do that for putting things in my rucksack when I go away. I know it will be greeted with derision though, given that I already have approximately 6000 bagse.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Betty said...

I love Woo! It's been awhile since I have been there. Seriously, why have I not run into you accidentally yet?! We go to the same places!

It is really hot. Sometimes, if Young Man falls asleep in the car ride home from daycare/work, I leave the car running (AC) and just sit in the garage, reading mail, knitting, etc. until he wakes up. He's in a better mood waking up on his own. Well, yesterday, I was doing that and beads of sweat formed within 15 seconds. Luckily, he woke up not too long after I cursed heat.

6:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

What's the tea bag for??? Am I missing a beauty tip????

7:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's hard to believe after Monday and Tuesday (heat indexes around 108! And the humidity.....don't even get me STARTED) but we're actually getting a lovely lovely lovely break from the heat. Today - highs of only 88. EIGHTY-EIGHT! Tomorrow, highs around 86 - and Saturday (get this!) highs only going up to EIGHTY-FOUR DEGREES! Woooooohooooo! Break out the wool sweaters for that one! :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

No beauty tip - just to make sure I can have a cuppa anytime I want.

Betty: Yesterday was my first trip to Woo, but I do secretly suspect we must have seen each other everywhere and never knew it!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute little bag for the socks!

12:40 PM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Nice bags - we have TKMaxx over here and it is great for getting something a little different.

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home