Sunday, January 22, 2006

Praise the Lord

The socks are finished. They are blocking. This is quite possibly the worst job ever done picking up gusset stitches, but blocking helped a lot.

Also, I've been playing with a button...but the caveat is that I'm obsessed with Art Nouveau stuff lately and I'll probably change it in a week - so, exhibit A.

Art Nouveau obsession, exhibit B, the new purse I bought, check out the nice orange knitting pocket inside:

Billy Bag inside

Billy Bag back

Also let me add that this is a Billy Bag and I got it for an absolute steal. Although I do see some flashing and pooling.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on finishing the socks! I'm thinking of doing a pair for the Olympics myself, as I STILL haven't finished my first pair (you know the ones) and I just picked up some great sock yarn here in Germany. Though I mostly wanted to comment that I'd like to steal your new bag. It is fabulous! Where did you find it? And what is a Billy bag? :)

2:27 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ok, about the bag...I'm glad I know at least two somebodys who like it besides me!

"Billy Bag" is the brand name of a British handbag company. Their leather bags are around £235 or $400 - this particular one sells for about $140 (I looked it up at their website) or £79. But...somebody at TJMaxx thought this made the price $79 (not pounds. although the current exchange rate is 1.77) and marked the price accordingly. So where it ought to have been marked at about $100, I got it for $50. Billy Bags are usually sold at places like Harrod's - which completely excludes me.

I was able to fit two balls of yarn, needles and crochet hook in the middle pocket with no trouble whatever. :)

7:05 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

The bag is very fun - particularly with the satisfaction of having scored an excellent deal!

The socks look great!

7:34 AM  
Blogger Zonda said...

I love it!! Good thing you don't live near me! hehe Nice sock and let me know when you have your final button choice ready ;)

5:52 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

WHAT a deal! I paid four times that for mine, at least! LOVE it.

9:46 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

WOW! Holy Toledo. I mean REALLY.

I love it even more now. :)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home