Tuesday, June 06, 2006

YARN LOVE!!!

Oh my goodness, my dye pal is so awesome I want to jump up and down!!!

(be right back thump thump thump)

My yarn was dyed by the fabulous Rosa of Purly Q's (go see it! it's dark here, but pics in the morning!!!).

It's beautiful. It's spring green and pink and rose and yellow. AND AND AND it came with the most awesome matching tote bag THAT SHE MADE HERSELF!!! Utter adorableness! I'm already scheming about how I want to pack it up for my trip this week.

The yarn is beautiful, soft and gorgeously done. You'd never know we were the WTF group, honestly! (Maybe we've had such great teachers!)

In other good news - I got the paint on my car fixed today. I have a late 90s Altima - runs like a dream but has never been the prettiest of cars. It's black, and was oxidized bad. Like, hooptie bad. So I had it shined up with rubbing compound and buffed and waxed. And this I did get to take a picture of, just to prove it could look good - because I got the package after I took these, and had to shop for Nephew's birthday present, and then I came back and it was dark:

Super shiny!

Not bad, huh? I know there are dings in the door and I am NOT worried about them. Even GB was impressed - he was sure that it wasn't going to help it at all. But he said maybe I need to think about putting a better stereo in it and fixing up some other stuff that is creaky. Ha! I think the value of my car went up about a grand today.

While I was at the car shop this man in a baseball hat with long hair and positively revolting teeth told me he hadn't seen anyone knit in years - not since his grandmother. (What a charmer. That's what I kept thinking.)

It's supposed to rain tomorrow, just my luck (hence the pictures). And Grady nailed me yesterday with his claw, by accident, but I have a one-inch long cut on the palm side of my right middle finger, and it didn't quite need stitches because the angle was shallow but maybe one place did need a stitch or wasn't far off, so I have to go soak it and pack it full of neosporin again. They don't stitch cat scratches - they're too filthy. Ask me how I know.

And I started Shedir in the most gorgeous blue, for my colleague's mother who has stage one bc. Check yourselves, y'all. The pattern is kicking my entire behind - it's totally logical, makes complete sense and for some reason is an utter horror to knit. Physically, that is. The Calmer doesn't stay on the needles. It splits (I thought it was cabled ply, but it isn't). I have completely lost the ability to cable WITH a cable needle - but a back/right cable is killing me without one. I drop the stinking stitch every stinking time. Oh, and i need some more of my teeny metal ring stitch markers. Like about 500. I use the snot out of those things.

So go give Rosa some love on account of my yarn! She's the best!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger Betty said...

That yarn is beautiful and that tote bag is the cutest ever! She is so talented!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Aaawww, Thank you for the blog love! I really do hope that you enjoy both. The tote was the first inspiration and the yarn came from those colors. It was the second try and I had to overdye No. 1 with some darker colors. It really was "WTF" for me, but I am so pleased that you like it. I hope you have a great trip. Car looks great.

6:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Very, very cute bag and great yarn. Can't wait to see what it becomes. Love the vibrant colors.

8:01 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

WOW. Your dye pal was the best!

I can't believe how great your car looks. Hmmm...

8:09 AM  
Blogger Monique Marie Sauniere said...

If you know anybody who is goingo to France or if you are going to France yourself, pick up a bottle of Hexamadine at any pharmacie. It is a little bottle with a blue cap that sells for about 3 euros. I don't know what it is but as far as healing cat scratches and such, it is the best. I found out about this stuff years ago when taking the family to Europe. DD/A was about 10 and had a nasty cut on her palm that she hid from us until it was bright, screaming red. Got some of this stuff and the next day it was pretty in pink. I call it the "French Miracle Cure".

11:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW - AMAZING DYE SWAP! The Colours are fantastic

6:40 AM  
Blogger mrspao said...

Ouch - I sympathise re cat scratches.

Mmm lovely yarn.

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home