Sunday, June 04, 2006

Godfather night and a something or other

I'll be honest - I'm not really sure what this log-cabin piece is going to be. Maybe I'll make 11 more squares, back it with flannel and call it a throw. (Or maybe I'll just weave in the ends and not put a backing on it.) Maybe I'll make another strip or two and make it a pillow, or a cat bed cover for this funky Coleman cat bed I got that's plaid and really not my thing. Maybe I'll just keep knitting it and soon I'll have a washing-machine cozy or something. (It's a little messy in the inside square - don't let anyone tell you to slip the first stitch of a row in the interests of making stitches easier to pick up. Sloppy.)

A log-cabin something

So, tonight is a Godfather night. You know in the movie where Michael has the heads of the five families all killed in one night? Well, today I am going to try to finish two baby sweaters (finishing only), plus the last half of the fuzzy feet slipper #2, plus a Codenames poster. I think I can get it all done if I keep at it. I'm going to pick up Kate and we're going to SnB.

Yesterday I saw The DaVinci Code. Apart from being a bit of a cliched Catholic-bashing movie, it was pretty interesting. It was a little heavy-handed in some parts ("I'm the smart one, and you dummies are so stupid you'll follow anything someone tells you is God") but overall pretty enjoyable. And hey, I'm not up in arms over the movie's theology - it's fiction. It's publishing an age-old conspiracy theory by the guys who have always wished the Gnostic gospels were the true ones, who never quite got over that they were rejected at Nicea.

Grady says "Well, yeah."

Cat of Leisure

Fee, as usual, is hiding. Grr.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I like how the log cabin, er, "object" is looking! Thanks for the tip to not slip the first stitch... I'm going to be doing a log cabin crib blanket in the not-too-distant future, so it's good to know that.

Grady is really a handsome cat!

2:13 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I've never made a log cabin before! Looks interesting....

Grady looks absolutely beautiful reclining on the fabric matching his eyes!

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Grady is so beautiful :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ha! Grady looks real comfortable there! What a poser!

The "object" looks good, what yarns are you using? :)

7:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

THANKS!!!!!

7:13 PM  
Blogger Nyxxie said...

Love the start of the log cabin what yarn are you using?

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jill said...

I really like the colors you are using in the Log cabin piece. What type yarn is that? Love the looks of it.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home