Friday, June 02, 2006

The sunny days don't get here

But at least this time they haven't updated Saturday to be rainy, too. Because every day the forecast has been 2 days of rain followed by 4 days of sun. The sunny days never catch up - they're always a day off, and if Friday and Saturday are rainy, you can bet that when rainy Saturday gets here, they'll have updated Sunday to be rainy as well. It's sort of getting depressing, though I really love rain.

I had my car checked out yesterday. The A/C blows intermittently warm and cold, but it's random, not every day and normally the cold is REALLY cold. They didn't even charge me for the diagnostic - they couldn't find anything wrong with it. The guy had two theories - either I have a small, mischevious ghost living under the hood (maybe I could buy some of that TBN prayer oil or one of those cloths that is supposed to be from Paul's robe, huh? KIDDING, I've been reading too much at Lark News) or it's a sticky switch that just needs to be reset every now and then by turning it off and then on again.

(insert puzzled expression)

Last night I finally got to go to SnB and it was fun - we had a pattern exchange. Pattern Trading Cards, to be specific. You bought a folder of patterns (I think there were 10) and then everyone swapped. I am not much of a pattern-buying chick, I'm more the books and internet type, but I still did it. I got a couple things I probably won't make and a couple patterns my stepmom will love. It was fun.

I worked on my other Embossed Leaves sock and got as far as picking up gusset stitches on Nephew's Fuzzy Feet. (I have to crank on those this weekend.)

I have these brown pants from Old Navy with embroidery all down one leg and big patch cargo pockets. I don't know what possessed me to get a 14 instead of a 12, but they are really quite funny - way too big, I can pull them down without unzipping. But today's a good day to wear one of those long-sleeved t-shirts that is too thin to do anything but layer with a bright Tiffany blue t-shirt, those pants and my new stripey socks. Even if it will be hot.

I am prepared to drive home barefoot if necessary. (Snort.)

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hmm, maybe our unrelentingly rainy weather moved there, because it's actually been nice here.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Martina said...

I know what you mean. We had a sunny day today but the weekend supposed to be rainy, yuck.
It is for sure the ghost in the machine!!:D

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know- When I try pants on I usually go for the size that's nice and roomy in the store, I always forget they loosen and stretch out when you wear them, and i should really buy the snugger fit. Gar. But I have cool belts, so there you go.
Great K%T socks!!!

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully there will be sunny days when you get the dye-o-rama sock yarn that I dyed for you and a nice little gift to go with it.

6:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time, trading patterns like Charlie's Angels cards...lucky you to have Threaded Bliss Yarns as your LYS!!

6:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home