Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Well

It looks like Mr Stupid is being systematically harassed into not using stolen knitting patterns anymore - good for all you gals who are standing up to him.

He's crying foul, though, as if he's the victim of his pattern-choosers and we knitters are just overreacting. Typical - as if it excuses him in any way from his illegal behaviour that he didn't know.

Not much knitting content today - I wound off the other 1/2 pound of yarn to dye and skeined one ball up (two left). I am within three rows and a bindoff of finishing the Vesper socks, and I've got the second Embossed Leaves sock here with about 10 rows of ribbing complete and then I start the sprint through the rest (lace knitting always seems to go so fast for me).

I'm on deadline this week so I can go on vacation next week and I'm SO looking forward to it and SO need it. The Nephew and I (Nephew the Elder) are taking a road trip from Chicago up to Michigan to see Gran and Grandpa. This may yet fall through - Pennie, my sister-in-law, is doing worse (or maybe better). Nobody gave her a CAT scan when she first had this blood clot, so we don't know if it's worse or better, but the clot is now invading her abdomen. It's near her kidneys and vena cava. She went for an emergency consult with a vascular surgeon and they decided not to do the surgery that would relieve the clot (too dangerous) so she's at home and waiting for it to clear up. (Next stop is a doctor called an interventional radiologist.) So if she's having surgery next week or something, we'll be staying in Chicago and doing some sightseeing and X-boxing. Dunno.

I'm tired already today!

4 Comments:

Blogger Dk's Wife said...

I will keep your SIL in my thoughts and prayers!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

this tired thing seems to be going around today. my officeis super sleepy... Jared's sleepy.. I'm sleepy... something needs to give!

I hope your SIL is getting better! and I loved your new yarn you colored... must dye more yarn!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Hope you get to go on vacation!
Emailing you with info!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Fingers crossed for your SIL.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home