Monday, June 05, 2006

I caught her

I finally caught Fiona this morning with the camera:
Fiona

I dyed some yarn last night, and I'm pretty sure the yarn was too dry when I put the dye on, hence the streakiness in the weird blue color which is supposed to be gunmetal gray:
Another dyeing experiment

I'm not sure it bothers me but I think I need to overdye it in something, because my pal ...

oh, who am I kidding? I already have my pal yarn done, and I'm feeling nervous about it even though my own eyes tell me it's lovely. This yarn is for me. And there is nothing wrong with that.

Sheila asked about the sofa project - it's on hold while my decorator friend is traveling this month. It will probably get done next month. So the fabric is sitting in the little corner of the dining room I optimistically call "the hall" - it's about 4 x 4 and is the segue from dining to bathroom and bedroom.

I have a button left to sew on one piece, but the hoodie is done, the baby sweater is nearly done, and the slippers are knitted, felted and blocked to the right size. Now to find some rug backing! Michael's, I guess.

6 Comments:

Blogger mrspao said...

Fiona is very pretty :)

You wool is gorgeous, too!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Maryann said...

I think the yarn is beautiful! Great pic of your kitty too.

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, that yarn is FABULOUS!

Seriously FABULOUS!

1:18 PM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I really like the way the yarn turned out, actually!

And Fiona is beautiful.

5:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks great! Don't worry too much - are you in the WTF group? If so - it's a beginners group. I'm there too - all a little spooky but it's the thought that counts.

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I actually think the yarn looks great just the way it is.

11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home