Saturday, April 08, 2006

Well, I think I have an ulcer

But Mom is okay! She is in the recovery room at the hospital and moving her fingers and toes. There is no sign of paralysis. They did the laminectomy (a fairly routine surgery) and drained the infection. She'll be in ICU for a couple days and the hospital for a week. Then she has to have IV antibiotic therapy at home for 6-8 weeks. They didn't do the abdomen surgery - it seems connected to the back infection so they are just going to watch it. She'll have some more MRIs.

Meantime, my stepdad will be investigating this dentist situation a bit, probably with a lawyer.

Thanks again for your prayers.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Yeah! I'm glad she's doing okay after all that. Tell her to get well soon!

9:11 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Thank you! I will.

10:15 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Oh, Jen, I am SOOOO glad to hear that. What a relief! And please send her my regards - plus sympathy from my brother...

10:27 PM  
Blogger strangelittlemama said...

oh thank goodness!!

10:31 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Oh, I'd love it! :)

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear she's doing better!

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home