Wednesday, April 05, 2006

I need some help

Guitar Boy has worn through his Thujas again. Though he yelped in protest when I said I'd make a new pair, I think it might be time to find a different yarn.

Originally I went with Wool-Ease on #6s. He's wearing them out in the heel. (UPDATE: He actually snagged the sock on a carpet nail, it wasn't worn out.)

So, would you go down to 5s for a tighter fit or change the yarn to a different worsted weight? I've heard the nylon carry-along doesn't really do much.

Help!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you use yarn with wool and nylon, the socks will last much longer. You might pluss some extra thiny wool-yarn when you knit the heal.
If you want to repair socks, you just cut off over the heal and knit from heal to toe again. The socks will be as good as new again. : )

3:12 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Wool Ease isn't going to wear very well, due to the way it's spun - it's soft stuff. Knitting it tighter would help - but knitting it from a different yarn would help more...

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home