Tuesday, April 04, 2006

No knitting yesterday.

Bah. I had to take Grady & Fee to the vet - my chubby kitty lost a pound last year! which is great! Both got clean bills of health. Then I worked on some freelance stuff. I didn't get any knitting done.

But about repairing seed stitch - this is something that for me, when I mess it up, is almost impossible to fix. I back up to something I know is right and sit there and pick it back up - but somehow something always goes wrong. I was trying to fix a very apparent error I made in the baby cardigan. It wasn't apparent when I was knitting it, unfortunately - but now? awful. So I patched it up. Or tried. Blue Sky Organic Cotton unfortunately isn't the most froggable yarn. This is great when you're weaving in the ends, but not so good when you're trying to fix an error. It took two tries and while I still think there's something funky going on, I only need to fudge one stitch or so instead of eight. So that's good for me.

So it was mostly a frustrating night, except for some happy news that I got about being a test knitter for some absolutely gorgeous yarn. No more about that now - more later, surely, when I'm actually doing it. I'll keep you posted.

1 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Always exciting when chubby kitties lose weight - particularly when they're part of a multi-cat household!

Oh, fun about being a test knitter...

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home