Saturday, April 15, 2006

Better

But that brown? Although the water was clear when I took it out of the microwave, it just ran and ran and ran when I washed it. So it got lighter than it was, but it's a lot darker than the sans-vinegar try. I mixed the dye a lot thicker and it just soaked it up - I'm sure the vinegar is responsible. The dark pink came out a lot brighter too (though I'm sure it will tone down when it's dry.) It's outside drying now. I ran out of plastic wrap as I pulled off the second sheet (whoopsie!) and one of my rubber gloves has a hole in the finger (didn't know) so I will make a supply run and then come back home for round 3.

So ok!

Round 2

6 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I've ended up with a purple finger before because of a hole in the gloves. It provided a great deal of amusement at work the next day.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I can only imagine!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Is that another skein or the same one? Either way, I love the colors! Good job!

5:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That looks great - a lot like Vera from Lorna's Laces. I'm so impressed!

And you're right - I think my Leo and your Fee are long-lost siblings. But I got Leo in Richmond. Maybe they're just southern cousins!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I think it looks great, and I admire your ambition to take this on!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

I think you've done good!

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home