Friday, April 14, 2006

Progress report

Good Lord, I made a mess...but it was pretty fun. I need a turkey baster or something - I was pouring it out of mason jars and at one point dropped the jar on the yarn, that was pretty. I spilled on my wool rug (but cleaned it up fast). I have some blotchiness in the kool-aid and I think the brown could have been darker.

We'll see if I improve with my sophomore attempt.

First time

Left to right: Brown Wilton's icing dye, pink lemonade Kool-Aid, mix of brown/rose Wilton's, rose Wilton's. Drying.

Ugly. Yellow. Hanger.

6 Comments:

Blogger Zonda said...

I love the colors! Not a bad job either! Can't wait to see you wind it up! Glad you didn't ruin your rug though!

11:19 PM  
Blogger tocspaw said...

I think this turned out terrific - especially for a first attempt! Great job!

1:01 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Don't worry about the yellow hanger - you needed it for contrast ;)

Jo

6:49 AM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

Not bad at all!!

I really recommend foam brushes AND to dye it right over the saran wrap. Did you do that? Do I need to come over there and help? ;)

You rocked it sister!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Wow, I think the colors came out great personally. It makes me want to try yarn dying!

9:54 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

That was your first attempt? WOW. You go, girl!

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home