Friday, March 24, 2006

(Insert stunned expression)

I just knit an entire short-row heel from memory. Didn't even have to think twice about how many stitches to do it on - I didn't want to do the PGR short-row heel...I wanted a wrapped heel. Wow.

In other news, my gauge is off on these socks by about one stitch per inch. They are definitely not newborn socks. Maybe they are one-year-old socks. I have a couple of girlfriends with one-year-olds.

We'll try that. Also, my row gauge is lower than specified...22 instead of 26 rows and I'm getting 8 stitches per inch instead of 9. So they are sort of very consistently larger. The sock is 4.5" around (therefore) - 44 sts - and that is smaller than the child's size 4 in my Sensational Knitted Socks book. (Thank God for that book.) So...um...I also have a friend with a three year old. (No, they aren't that big.)

Grady is snoring.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great blog!

11:29 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Yay on the heel from memory!!

11:55 PM  
Blogger Amy O'Neill Houck said...

It's so cool when you can do stuff from memory! Knitting must be good for the brain, righ?

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home