Monday, March 20, 2006

Baby sweater!

Daisy is nearly done. My seaming has improved drastically since I sewed the first raglan seam on this sweater in December. Unfortunately, I once again wove in the ends so well I a) cut the selvedge trying to undo the sleeve, which was craptacular and b) can't possibly find them well enough to undo the raglan without ripping.

So I have one "nice" raglan and one "craptacular" one. They don't look that far off (apparently it's a fine line) but dammit, I can see it, and that makes me super frustrated.

The cat bed is dry and is being summarily ignored. Of COURSE.

I just downloaded Hot Rocks from the iTunes Music Store. If you're going to buy one Stones album, that's the one to buy. There are a few holes in it, but not many. Let it Bleed is my second favorite. I was contemplating buying the Arctic Monkeys, who remind me woefully and nostalgically of The Replacements (I still miss them terribly), but I decided some Keith was in order. Maybe next week I'll buy a Matthew Sweet album and groove on that. Old stuff.

At the moment I'm listening to some friends singing "Lost Highway." They also did a version of "I Saw the Light" that I quite like - even more than Hank Sr's version.

In other news, my friend bought a cashmere wrap at Goodwill for 99 cents. It's lovely - 20" x 5.5 feet and knitted at or about 8 stitches per inch. When some of us go to the Goodwill, we find crap. Others are luckier. I consider it a gift. She found a Kitchenaid mixer - new in the box - one time for $7.99, and all the attachments for like $15.

It's a good thing she's my friend, because otherwise I'd be forced to hate her. :)

Did anyone here ever listen to Government Cheese? Camping on Acid? The Shrubbery's Dead Where Danny Used to Fall? Come ON, who's heard them?? Another band I miss, terribly, especially since The Codenames opened for Tommy Womack the other night in Evansville. Tommy has a song called Martin Luther, which I quite, quite like. It's not on the free songs page, but there are many others to listen to. Check it out.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wow, your friend has fabulous thrift store karma. I'm jealous! Of course, I have found a few nice cashmere things at the thrift store... and all of my jeans. So I suppose I can't complain too much.

The Arctic Monkeys cd is one of the thank you gifts I'm getting for my membership pledge to Minnesota Pulic Radio...

8:35 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

Lucky girl.

11:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home