Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The covert project

Ok, I figured out what I should have done. The covert project was going to be incorporating the diagonal rib pattern from the socks I made my mom into a hat. A lovely blueberry-coloured hat. But, I wanted a rolled brim, so I started it on 7's and did a few rows of stockinette. Then I should have changed needles - I didn't realize what a huge difference there would be between stockinette and that diagonal rib.

I'm thinking that if I had changed to a 5 for the body of the hat, it might have worked. But, I ran into trouble trying to math out the decreases for the top. Couldn't really decrease only in ribbing sections, etc.

The problem was, I was impulsive and didn't plan anything properly. So I'm making a plain hat, and I'll maybe make a fancier one later when I can...plan.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Cursed planning. ;)

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I always like the idea of spontaneous knitting, and yet it never really works does it? But with a color like blueberry, how can you go wrong really?

2:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home