Saturday, February 25, 2006

I have bags under my eyes

And my right hand seriously hurts, but -

I finished the lace repeats for the foot, and I have all but about five rows of the heel done.

On the other sock, I had a loop and a pucker. It was a result of a missed stitch when I recovered stitches for the heel - I originally dropped the loop down and fixed, but not very well. Plus my cast-off edge was a little tight even though I did it VERY loosely. I undid the cast off row, dropped the stitch down (about 5") and worked that loop in a lot better. It's still not perfection and I have to live with the pucker, but it's fine. (No, it won't block out.)

I am still debating reknitting the leg - AFTER the Olympics - in the lace pattern. I was thinking of trying the lace pattern for the leg on this one. It takes about 45 minutes for me to knit one repeat of the pattern, and probably 3-4 repeats would do the trick, so we aren't talking a big time investment. Except that I have to do twice as much to get through one repeat...but I still have a day and a half. I think it's going to look and feel better.

The bonus is, if I do this I can also fix the heel for real. So I haven't cast it off yet, just in case I want to reknit the leg.

Tomorrow I do the leg on sock 2, and if I like the lace, I'll do the other one over. Did I say that? I'm incoherent.

At this rate, though, unless I sleep till 3 tomorrow, I will make the deadline.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I'm with you, Jen - I'm going to finish this come hell or high water... I'm nearing the end of my Veste Everest and once I finish, I think I will need to take a week's hiatus from knitting to let my wrist and forearm recover...

7:53 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

Hang in there, Jen!!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Niquie said...

Thanks for the information for the iPod stuff. I'll hav to definately look into that program.

It was really good seeing you again too! Hopefully next time we'll see eachother for more than 30 minutes next time... and I won't get pulled away every time I turn around.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home