Saturday, March 18, 2006

I cheated

I've been thinking about that Snap Cardigan from Blue Sky Alpacas. Tonight I saw one at The Limited. Same shape, super soft cotton...it's mine. I also bought another cotton sweater - one that feels similar to the Zip Cardigan but with more detail and a band collar. Both of them together cost me just under $40. Those are excused because I couldn't knit them for that little. I also found a machine-knit allover cable cardi (possibly knit on size 00000 needles) at Eddie Bauer - excusable because I will never, ever, ever in my life knit anything on size 00000 needles.

I bought a pair of shoes that have no backs so I can happily wear my handknit socks to work. I can't believe it's my first pair. They are bøc brand, kind of the fashiony version of Børn. They're ok...but SO comfy.

So I cheated and bought knitted stuff, but cheap or impossible to knit makes it ok. Doesn't it? Help me rationalize!

After seeing Eunny's UNBELIEVABLE lace tutorial, I am actually thinking of attempting some kind of lace thing.

It will pass. It must.

7 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Oh, heck, it's perfectly fine to buy knitted things. I love cotton sweaters. Do you know what size needles you need to use to make a really nice, not heavy cotton sweater? Something like those 00000 needles. :) Ain't happening.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Totally excusable....especially since you couldn't make it for that price...as long as you like what you are being...No problem I say :)

Ha! I have yet to do anything lower than a sized 2...

9:51 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Totally justifiable. I once tried to knit sock earrings with size 0000 needles. It's like tring to knit with pins, and the stitches are so small I was probably risking vision loss just attempting it. Those earrings never did get done...

10:00 PM  
Blogger Niquie said...

Heya Jen,

Yup! We do go to the Village Chapel :) My email is niquieragland at gmail dot com.

:)

I always thought that when I met you a while ago that you looked super familiar :)

10:02 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yay!

9:30 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

Knitting lace is sooo much fun! Come join us here on the dark side!

Mmm.... lace.....

3:11 PM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

Lace knitting is fun! And after Eunny's tutorial? Just try it.....

Perfectly acceptable to buy knitted items. It does occasionally lead to misunderstandings, but hey.

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home