Sunday, February 19, 2006

Three hours of knitting gauntlets

Has one almost done, and me looking wistfully at Socks on table, wishing I had the answer.

Ok, for all the Olympic-grade griping I've done about my dyslexic inability to "get" the lace pattern in my head, I absolutely love these socks. So much so that it's 2am and I'm still sick, yet surfing around for solutions. I also love this yarn, though it's plied very tightly and can be a bit hard to knit with...I'm in Grumperina's camp - look at the stitch definition!

Must go to bed. Must fix sock.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Did sleeping on it help you figure out an answer to the problem!?

11:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You've probably thought of this...but can you add a repeat of the pattern in without it going all wonky? Or half a repeat at either side (which equals one repeat, but in my head it looks different than saying "one repeat"...are you totally confused by me now??)

Anyway...I know NOTHING about the pattern, but I really want to help you, my shriend!! Maybe I'll try to knit just the lace pattern and see what I can come up with--if anything...

6:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home