Sunday, February 12, 2006

Now these are some warm socks.

Ok, my feet are toasty. These are the warmest socks I've made to date. I don't know what makes them so warm, but my feet are cooking.

Pattern: Diagonal Rib Socks from Interweave Knits subscriber-only section
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport, colour Icehouse
Needle: 2.5mm / US 1

Mom asked for super stretchy footies, so that's what these are. I accidentally made one cuff 2 rows shorter than the other, but hopefully nobody will ever know. I'm all around happy with these house socks for my momma.

(I don't care about the pooling AT ALL, or the fact that they don't really match. I think they are perfect as they are.) :)

Now I'm free to knit my Olympic socks with abandon. First, though, I have to put on some real clothes and get a big pad of sticky notes.

Mom's Socks

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

They turned out great!

2:37 PM  
Blogger Scoutj said...

You want to see pooling, non-matching socks? Check MINE out! lol Those are pretty!

2:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool socks Jen!! I have a pair of socks that I started making about a year ago and haven't even finished the first sock yet. Not to sure if they are ever going to get done.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your socks are great! I really like the colors, and who cares about matching or pooling? It makes them distinct! Your Mom will love them!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Debi said...

I think they're perfect too! Very very nice, you mom will love them!

3:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home