Friday, February 10, 2006

GO USA!

7:35pm - Decide to cook supper. Rummage in freezer for something fast and delicious.

7:36pm - Decide to make Asian stir-fry. Read package instructions. Tablespoon of oil, high heat, pan. Frozen food into pan.

7:38pm - Pan starts to burn. Turn down heat. Put rice in microwave.

7:40pm - Pan no longer smoking, but food cold. Turn up heat.

7:42pm - Decide mushrooms in stir-fry look like bits of sliced leech. Pick out mushrooms. Ignore smell as pan starts burning.

7:44pm - Rice is finished. Burn hand taking bowl from microwave. Stir pan. Alarming smoke and burning smell coming from dinner. Turn on vent fan, keep stirring.

7:46pm - Decide dinner is hot. Divvy up rice and stir-fry. Lick tongs. Burnt. Throw entire dinner in trash can.

7:48pm - Open patio door and reassure alarmed-looking cats that everything is going as planned. Put OxyClean in pan to soak off 1/4" of burned soy sauce.

7:56pm - Put microwave dinner in oven.

Olympic Gear - click it to see my Flickr notes!

Olympic Gear!

The best part of this is my new Olympic stitch markers. They are from the bead store down the street from where I live. They fit on sock needles! The bigger rings are for Clapotis though. Not bad for $11!

Stitch Markers!

Having successfully fed myself, I finally finished work and my last bit of preparation is to print out an article on the figure 8 cast on - and then go cast on! WHOO!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Debi said...

I know this is kind late but the Turkish Cast On is much easier and better looking than the figure 8

I have a tutorial on my blog if you want a peek :)

Good Luck!

12:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home