Friday, January 20, 2006

Superstar Rock Star Kung-Fu All Star

THAT is the name of my new computer.

Some informal tests I ran: (this is a 20" Intel iMac Core Duo with 512Mb of RAM; I checked two places and neither had the RAM for this machine in stock yet)

1. Open Safari: approximately 3 seconds/dock icon bounces 3 times.
2. Open Mail: instantaneous
3. Speakers: Fantabulous
4. Tiny Remote: Super cool - easy to use interface lets you play DVD, iTunes, look at photos - great because computer is in my bedroom, so I can watch movies in bed
5. Tiger, generally: rocks (love the Sudoku widget and the Bible verse of the day)
6. Safari RSS feed: trying to find a use for it
7. Photoshop CS2: to open, about 1 min; to open 150 mb file, about 50 seconds
8. InDesign CS2: opens pretty fast, seems to work just fine (but I need some plug ins before I can check how fast the wording stuff goes)
9. Illustrator: about a minute and a half to open, must remember to try Live Trace on something
10. Bridge: seems as fast or faster than my G5 tower at work

Public service announcement: if you buy a Mac, you will never be sorry. Never ever ever.

Public service announcement #2: if you buy a Buddy Miller album, you will never ever ever be sorry.

Knitting today: about 200 stitches on hat. GB knit one stitch because I bet him he couldn't. It was funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I don't know a thing about Macs, but I know the joy of the new computer. :)

Heh, if I bought a Mac, I would be disowned by my dad, a former computer design engineer for IBM!

7:50 AM  
Blogger Jenn said...

I love both macs and Buddy Miller - great minds think alike!

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home