Sunday, October 23, 2005

So

Here is what I did today:

1. went grocery shopping in freezing cold weather for: oxyclean, tp, paper towels, kleenex, and feline pine
2. met kim for lunch and Elizabethtown, since I've been to E-town several times and thought it might be cool (it wasn't, very)
3. came home and worked on scarf
4. went out to Kathy's going away party, had asthma attack
5. came home, tried to frog a cotton Old Navy sweater, but it turned out to be knitted with four strands of laceweight cotton held together, and was pretty much un-salvageable, and I made a real mess of it
6. vacuumed, obviously
7. tried to re-start Branching Out, and once again ended up with 30 stitches when I should have had 31. I didn't like it anyway. Am frogging and modifying the lace pattern from Cozy for this scarf. Some Lace Knitting is not for me. I already decided I *hate* laceweight yarn...now I think I just basically *hate* yarn-overs, unless they are part of
8. the heel of a sock, which I worked on next. Short row heel and toe socks, Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sport in Camo, #2, 40" needle. Very easy pattern except for the way you undo all the short rows. That is pretty challenging but I really like doing it.
9. Told Mom there's a tornado watch
10. Ordered Anakin's Jedi Starfighter for Nephew

Am thinking about what kind of yarn to use for a sweater for him. The pattern I'm going to work is a top-down raglan, generic pattern where you take a few measurements and knit away. The pattern seems pretty straightforward except for the author's notable lack of illustrations - she used her keyboard dashes and backslashes to make a drawing of how to place markers, etc. I will redraw them. All. But the problem is, what kind of yarn? Wool-ease is ok, dirt cheap and machine wash. Maybe charcoal grey. Maybe I should upgrade to Encore Worsted, but that will require 5-6 skeins at $6 a pop and I'm not sure the sweater will be a success. Has to be machine-washable and at least partly wool.

I'm still thinking.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynda said...

Have you tried Cascade 220? I love that stuff. So nice to knit with, and a very soft drape, and LOTS of colors. I'm thinking I'll make my next sweater with it.

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home