Friday, August 26, 2005

Well, today is a bit of a drag. The lady who cleaned our bathrooms at work was last here on Tuesday. Turns out she had terminal cancer. She died last night at 2am.

Thank God this life is not all there is.

The most remarkable thing about death is that it is necessary. It is one of the things in life we all share - birth and death. Jesus' commonality with man meant that He experienced birth and death. Because He did that, we get to experience His resurrection. It keeps going around in circles for me. Sin is death. He had no sin. The only way He could die was to take our sin upon Himself. And on and on.

If you've just glazed over from that, then just be encouraged today by Philippians 1:

I give thanks to my God for every remembrance of you, always praying with joy for all of you in every prayer, because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion in the day of Christ Jesus. It is right for me to think this way about all of you, because I have you in my heart, and you are all partners with me in grace, both in my imprisonment and in the defense and establishment of the gospel.

Note - He began the good work. He will carry it on to completion in Christ. Please do not be one of those people who think your works can save you. Salvation is the glorious business of God. So is sanctification. Our business is cooperation - and exertion.

Mopey today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home