Thursday, August 18, 2005

Knitty SP 5!

So, there's a blog out there for the Knitty Secret Pal 5 that recommends we answer these questions...I'm so excited!

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high-end/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?Not really a snob about it, but am allergic to acrylic so I do prefer natural fibers.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) Sandalwood bothers me, allergic to smoke and acrylic yarn
4. How long have you been knitting? since Feb 2005
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Ok, ok, I'll make one and post it here...
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) orange-vanilla
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Sorta, but my fat-salt tooth is stronger
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? (hides) nothing
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) Americana roots-rock stuff, Britpop and yeah, my Mac does it all
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I like 'fall' colors - warm muteds mostly.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? Single, taken, live alone, and 2 cats.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To save more money
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Lorna's Laces, Blue Sky Cotton, Patons Classic Merino
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? Boucle texture or anything with that kind of kinked-up spin to it drives me absolutely batty
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? cabled stuff at the moment
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I like socks a lot, but that would be boring...really I like anything
17. What are you knitting right now? See my sidebar, additionally I'm using up some wool-ease/fun fur to make a cat bed (they are already sleeping on it even with the needles in it)
18. What do you think about ponchos? I don't wear them
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Circs
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? I like INOX the best, but really love bamboo circs as well (just not Clover)
21. Are you a sock knitter? I think we covered this
22. How did you learn to knit? My women's group at church learned so we could knits scarves for the women's homeless shelter, and then I watched the knitting help videos and read stitch n bitch
23. How old is your oldest UFO? I think it's from March
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Like Spongebob. I kind of like all animals except for the crawly kinds
25. What is your favorite holiday? Christmas
26. Is there anything that you collect? Antique cameras and bizarre hair salon or dog grooming salon names (like Hairvoyant or Shampooch)
27. Any projects you want to make but haven't gotten there yet? Rogue - I'm chicken! Cozy shawl from Knitty. Some warm socks. The Ombre Blanket from Last Minute Knitted Gifts (and the zippy cardigan thingie). Harry Potter scarf for my nephew. Numerous baby things for other nieces and nephews. Want to knit some socks with Vesper. It's so pretty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home