Friday, August 19, 2005

100 things about me (for the Knitty Secret Pal 5):

(still working)
52. I think I would like to knit something with KnitPicks Wool of the Andes.
51. I always wanted to learn to play guitar but never could do it. I played sax in HS band. Band rocked. I loved Band.
50. Am not embarrassed about being Band Geek.
49. I don't like mohair or fiber that sheds.
48.


100. I desperately want to knit something with Malabrigo.
99. Desperately want to knit something with Manos (cannot believe I
haven't yet).
98. My most-quoted movies are Fargo, Raising Arizona, When Harry Met
Sally and Napoleon Dynamite.
97. I think Jeff Foxworthy and Larry the Cable Guy are really funny.
96. I have redhead skin and look best in warm colors.
95. I have two cats, Grady and Fiona. They mostly leave my yarn alone.
94. I spend a lot of time working in Photoshop.
93. I really like red, dark brown, tan, gold, and chalk (grayish) blue.
92. I don't much like hot weather although I live in the south.
91. I love to cook and trying new recipes is fun.
90. I beat Halo with my 9-year old nephew last May, and have played
quite a bit of Halo 2.
89. My favorite candy is a Snickers bar.
88. I have TMJ so I don't chew gum.
87. I've been coloring my hair for almost 10 years. It's dirty blond, I
color it some form of brownish red.
86. I love LUSH.
85. I'm one of the freaks that actually WEARS Bare Minerals. But it's
great foundation and nothing covers spots like it.
84. I rarely leave the house without lipstick, sunglasses and car keys.
83. I am a true believer in the power of the iPod.
82. I'm a christian and I love to study theology, and if you know me
you will generally hear me harping about false doctrine at some point.
81. I want to knit something with Patons Classic Merino in Paprika.
80. I made it all the way through knitting one of the Girl from
Auntie's cable patterns, which is *almost* as big a deal as beating
Halo.
79. I am mildly dyslexic, which basically affects me in the following
ways - I am an idiot with numbers, and I have to reread things about 8
times to understand them. It often means I can't find things that are
right in front of me (like books on a shelf). But I'm a decent speller.
78. Coffee gives me migraines. I drink green tea (not decaf) every day.
77. I used Aveda Hand Relief hand lotion.
76. I am never without toenail polish.
75. This blog is called Mean Girl because of a comic I drew back in
college in 1992 based on Stick Figure Theater's Hindenburg Disaster
film. I work with a band called The Codenames, and Mean Girl is my
Codename.
74. I wear contacts allll the time.
73. I only wear clear nailpolish on my hands.
72. I *do* own a dvd player.
71. I *do not* own a VCR (what century is this??!)
70. I have a guys red flannel shirt that is going to have to be pried off me when I die and burned.
69. I am a Titans fan.

I'll try to do 31 more tomorrow.

68. I have been known to wear one sock while I'm knitting the other.
67. I use Magic Loop whenever possible, and dpn's only if I have to. Second to ML is two circs.
66. I knitted Hallowig for a friend who lost her hair to chemo. Her kids wear it. They love it.
65. I'm mad that LUSH has discontinued Freeze shower gel. It's my favorite part of waking up.
64. It takes me exactly 7 minutes to apply full face makeup in the morning - moisturizer, concealer, foundation, bare minerals, powder, blush, eye shadow, eye liner, eyebrow shadow and mascara. Now that just sounds wrong huh.
63. My cat Grady likes to sleep on my feet.
62. My hair is curly but I straighten it - unless I am visiting my family at the ocean. Then it's hopeless corkscrews. Kind of surfer hair.
61. Probably my vote for most amazing novel ever written is Anna Karenina.
60. I wear contacts.
59. I have a hard time keeping stitch markers on my needles.
58. I tend to set all my WIPs out on my (gigantic) coffee table. Pattern goes first, then the yarn and then the piece on top of it. Crazy, I know. But it motivates me.
57. I have fired an M-16 assault rifle and went to a WWII reenactment by choice, and enjoyed it.
56. I like Guinness.
55. I was on a rowing crew in college, sat 6th (port).
54. I do freelance design for the local Down Syndrome Association.
53. I would really, really like a Winter 2003 Interweave Knits magazine.

(more later)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm way late with this comment, but you can rest assured there are a FEW of us that actually wear Bare Minerals, thanks to my kooky mother who likes to turn on infomercials in the middle of the night, and she's purchased the system for her three daughters - me included. I'm VERY lazy about makeup, so I don't use it as often as I could, and I often spill the stuff all over the bathroom.... Glow makes nice streaks on my tile counter when I try to wipe it up! But, it is GOOD stuff....

3:51 PM  
Blogger Misty said...

You know, you repeated yourself on #60 and, I think, #73. You wanted to make sure we know you wear contacts, huh?

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home