Monday, February 04, 2008

Silly, but in a good way

In addition to my long-standing habit of collecting crazy hair salon names (like Hairvoyant or Hair Peace), I have another pastime I don't think I've ever shared with you - adapting songs to fit my cats' names. Some of them are obvious; Maria from The Sound of Music becomes "How do you solve a problem like FIONA?" And, you know, continuing in the Sound of Music vein, "stinky old tuna fish wrapped up with string / these are a few of her favorite things!"

Some of them are funnier. Grady has developed a habit of holding his lip so one fang hangs out, and I call him Schmady-Schmady-Fang-Fang when he does it. (I know, dumb! Crazy!)

A couple nights ago I was out listening to songwriters, and one of the gentlemen who was playing had a cut with Charley Pride back in the 70s...and, um...Grady likes to eat...so..."Have You Got Cheating On Your Mind?" of course became "Have You Got Eating On Your Mind."

Which of course now I can't stop laughing about. I really need to keep track of these, and make up a list.

I am nearly through with my Jaywalker socks, I can't believe how long they have taken me, and they really would get done faster if I'd actually work on them more than a row at a time.

9 Comments:

Blogger She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

My favorite crazy hair salon name so far is Curl Up and Dye. I couldn't stop laughing.

9:41 AM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

There is a hair salon in New Hope, PA called "Hello Gorgeous". Now, I know it's not a funny punny name or anything, but think about it... when you call them, how do they answer the phone? "Hello, Gorgeous!" Tell me that wouldn't be a pick-me-up! (My brother knows the owner, and that's totally why he came up with the name, too)

10:15 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

I modify songs to sing to my kitties, too...

Hey, new hair salon here - Sweeney Todd's. Yup. About 5 blocks away from me.

10:18 AM  
Blogger Jen said...

YIPES!

10:39 AM  
Blogger Turtle said...

Lol at the silly hair salon names. Gee, where were you last spring when we opened the new salon? Of course i was the only one who wanted a silly name. I always am looking for the fun/silly nail salon or spa names!

2:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's funny. I sing about my dog a lot. I love the colors of your socks and can't wait to see them all done.

I saw you on Craft a few days ago! Awesome!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do that...but with siblings.

"You're an odd one...Addie Rose..."
(to the tune of "Mr. Grinch")

As far as weird salon names - around here we have Hairzoo (I think that one's a chain) and 'Tangles!'. Yeah, I definitely want to get my hair cut there.

8:21 PM  
Blogger Kaviare said...

I just got a bunny. Now everytime I go into the room, I go 'Hey, bunny!' and then I think of the bit from the musical episode of buffy, where Anya sings about bunnies.

So I go 'Bunny, Bunny, you are my bunne-e-e-e"

I can't stop. I think I need thereapy.

And then the other day I caught myself singing 'hey-bunny, ho-bunny, bunny, bunny, hey...' instead of 'hosanna'.

Yup. Fire up those flames, I'm coming.

6:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I also change the words of songs to make them about my pet -- in fact, I changed the spelling of her name (Sandy) to Sandie so that I could change Fergalicious to Sandielicious. I also live in Nashville. Maybe it is the air here.........

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home