Saturday, July 14, 2007

Updates!

I have been knitting, just not a lot, because of this:

My wrist

See the black-and-blue spot under my thumb, on my wrist? That is the culprit! I've been alternating ice and heat and taking advil and wearing a brace for computer work. I have no idea what I did to myself, though. I know it sounds odd, originally I thought I slept on it wrong. Then I thought that it must have been something I did in cleaning out the closet. But I do have a vague memory of hitting it palm-first against something about a week ago, but I can't remember why or exactly what happened. I just remember shaking it out and thinking "ow." Let's please say a prayer I didn't inadvertently break my scaphoid bone. Apparently you can have a scaphoid fracture and almost no symptoms for a week to two weeks after. And depending on the place of the break, not getting it taken care of can mean arthritis. And getting it taken care of can mean an over-the-elbow cast.

I just sent the pic to my mom (she's a nurse). She told me to go to the doctor. Sigh. Ok, maybe I will.

Here's a picture of the sock:

Anniversary sock

7 Comments:

Blogger Jeanne said...

Ouch! What a bummer! This seems to be the week for hand injuries (horse-related rope burn in my case). I'd say if Mom the Nurse says see the doctor, go. Better safe than arthritic in your old age.

Hope it feels better soon and that your scaphoid bone is intact.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Jerry & Maxy said...

I'm saying a prayer...I hope it heals quickly :)

5:58 PM  
Blogger Mistrmi said...

Just gazing at it hurts. Do what your Mama says. . .

7:38 PM  
Blogger Zonda said...

Ouch! Yep, that's not uncommon for tiny fractures not to show up for a week or more. But here's hoping it's just a bruise!! Thinking good thoughts for you! The sock is looking great!

7:41 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Ouch!! Hoping it turns out to be nothing major...

10:26 PM  
Blogger Meghann said...

Ow! I broke my wrist when I was in high school and it was horrid, definitely GO to the doctor!

3:56 PM  
Blogger bellamoden said...

Sympathetic shuddering over your wrist. Shudder shudder.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home