Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Now with 50% more monkeys!

Two little monkeys

That's right! I finished both Monkeys!

I don't know what happened with this pattern. I zoomed through sock 1, and then with sock 2 it took me over 2 weeks to get through six leg repeats to the heel. I got to the heel Thursday night and ignored the socks till Sunday. I knit the heel Sunday and four repeats of the foot last night. Tonight I knit the last four foot repeats and the toe. Was tired. Flipped some of my decreases on the toe, but it doesn't show. Not ripping. I will try to get a better picture in daylight.

Pattern: Monkey, by the fabulous Cookie A
Yarn: Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in Bark, from Threaded Bliss Yarns, about 4/5 of one skein
Needles: 2.5mm Inox Express
Modifications: None, although I may have picked up a few extra stitches for the gusset

This yarn is so soft. This pattern is so fun to knit and so EASY. Girl Cookie can WRITE a sock pattern. These socks are soooo yummy. Y'all make a pair!

Next up:

Lucy

And I'm thinking about This.

12 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

Your Monkeys are very cute :) The next sock yarn on the horizon is gorgeous - I love blue and brown together!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Shorty said...

You are right, Cookie is one of the best sock designers out there. Your Monkey sock are really cute.

What are you going to make with the STR Lucy?

Sonya

6:22 AM  
Blogger Mintyfresh said...

Yay for finished pairs of socks--and for planning the next pair before the first is complete! Great monnkeys.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those turned out great! I'm going to have to make some.

8:50 AM  
Blogger smelk-o-matic said...

VERY nice!!! Love your monkeys. I actually finished one monkey a few weeks ago, but it's too tight!!! I am so sad. I think I'm going to have to give the pair to a friend, that is, once I get around to making the second sock.

Also, I had pondered the Lucy, as well. I ended up getting some "Fire on the Mountain" and this shaded yellow ("Citrine"??) instead. The only problem is, now they have some new colors up, with pinks and reds and grays, and I just can't help myself. You know how it goes.

Smiles,
Erin

9:24 AM  
Blogger Peevish said...

I'm definitely going to have to get around to knitting those Monkeys! Can't wait to see your next ones - the Lucy colourway is one of my favourites.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

They turned out great!!

Love that Lucy STR...

3:22 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

great looking monkeys! I love Cherry Tree Hill too. It's really under-rated.

6:47 PM  
Blogger Love This Space said...

My favorite STR socks are a simple rib down the leg. I just let the handpainted yarn sing and dance.

I'm dying to do a spiral rib so I keep suggesting it to others. ;-)

2:05 PM  
Blogger Annie said...

Those socks are fantastic! I love that you have a drawer for your knitted socks! I don't own a pair of handknit socks-(yet!)

2:09 PM  
Blogger Knitting Bandit said...

I have Lucy and I am trying to find the perfect pattern to show her off!! Isel @ http://iselknits.blogspot.com/ is actually having a contest to help her decide what pattern to use for her Lucy. You should check it out.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some great-looking Monkeys! Great job :) And that STR looks so appealing, can't wait to see the socks from that beautiful skein!

4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home