Tuesday, February 20, 2007

On the usefulness of wool knitted things

Because I didn't know that even though the air temperature was going to be near 55 degrees yesterday, there would be at least 30-mile an hour winds, because I didn't realize that at our airport location, the wind would be worse, because I didn't bring a hat, scarf or my new Calorimetry (because I was too lazy to sew on the button), I got a bad case of wind burn yesterday afternoon. That wind was cold. I think the wind chill was in the 20s. My ears burned for about an hour and a half after, and my forehead still hurts. (Think wind high enough to make my shoulder-length hair stand on end.) I did manage to wear a heavy cabled wool sweater and my big Columbia jacket (thank God).

My hood didn't stay up, pulling my hair back didn't work. The wind laughed at me and blew my hair around anyway. It blew down my shirt! It blew up my pantlegs! There are some pictures of me scowling.

This morning I sewed the button on Calorimetry, and I've been wearing it in my cold bedroom. I like it cold in here, but it can get too chilly. My head is warm though, let me tell you.

I think I'll knit another and keep it in my car for emergencies. Off to go moisturize again!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Wind burn sucks. Yay, Calorimetry!

7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your wind burn. I can't imagine. Great to have our favorite knits nearby, just in case.

Knit on!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home