Friday, September 15, 2006

Back from the doctor!

We talked about stress, about thyroid, about my asthma and the stupid acid reflux setting it off. She did order the thyroid test, but she said it's more likely that I just don't have enough vitamin E in my body. Not quite a deficiency, just low enough levels to be a bother and cause the fingernail and hair problems. I guess an outright deficiency is a dangerous, genetic thing and extremely rare, but low levels cause a form of anemia.

So I bought some vitamin e tonight, but am waiting for the thyroid test results.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scoutj said...

Have you ever looked into NAET? Just google it.....we did it with both of our kids with amazing results.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Chris said...

And have you ever had a panel of celiac tests for gluten antibodies? The reflux and odd, low vitamin levels can be symptoms...

1:29 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

Sounds like you have a good and thorough MD.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home