Friday, September 15, 2006

Gnittink!

Here are two pictures of the arch shaping on my latest sock. The yarn is Gloss from The Store That Shall Not Be Named - I got it in a swap. It's a merino silk blend that is heavenly. Heavenly! And $8 for enough to make a big pair of socks!(They do have good yarn.)
Side View

Rear view

(Yes, I am wearing That Shirt. Y'all will pry it out of my cold, dead hands someday.)

I knit and tinked this arch shaping so many times! How is this for crazy - even the corrected pattern in VK is wrong! I had to knit 12 rows of it to confirm my suspicions, though. The shaping they use doesn't allow for the bias fabric to continue to get wider as you knit the sock. After I straightened that out I decided to make the runway in the middle wider (this was after another 12 rounds of Sock). It was only one stitch in the directions - I made it three. Then I had quite a few debacles...I picked my stitches back up wrong, so my decreases were off, etc. Probably took two hours of tinking to fix.

All in all it was productive because I worked out the pattern (which I will be publishing, because I essentially came up with this myself), and because of Project Runway.

Laura's dress was perfect! Her description - Josephine Baker flirty 20s something - was so dead on for that dress. I think it's only the second or third thing I've seen on the show this season that I really liked (Michael's first win, Jeffrey's "couture" among the others). This time I thought Jeffrey's dress was completely crap. Michael's was pretty but too dated-looking, and the rest was boring or badly made.

And y'all, LUKAS!!!! MY BOY! Man that guy is cool. Those white aviator sunglasses made me feel faint! Seriously. I don't think of him as "I'd like to date him" cute, more like "look at that cool guy" cute.

They were never going to pick a girl. That says something about the band, not about her. Guys like that in big rock bands for years see women as toys. (I don't like that.) Notice how they complimented her (you're beautiful, you know I love you) versus the guys. They saw a difference, huh?

Which I hate, but is probably the best thing...for Dilana.

Here is the promised picture of the Flower Basket Shawl. I still think it looks a bit like a hairball, and definitely a bit chewed a little left of lower center.
Flower Basket Shawl

4 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Have you seen the VK corrections page?

http://www.vogueknitting.com/corrections-2006fall.shtml

3:35 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes, that's what I'm saying is wrong! :)

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I love that dark red wine colour (if it is coming through true).

Jo

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home