Saturday, March 11, 2006

Memo

To the woman who was throwing Koigu around the yarn shop when I left at ten minutes after closing:

Why? Why, why, why did you think it was a good idea? Buying twenty-five skeins of sock yarn a half-hour after the yarn store closes? Throwing yarn on the floor? Who's going to pick all that up and arrange it as nicely as it was before? Were you going to expect them to wind it for you? Did you assume they didn't have any plans tonight and wouldn't mind spending two hours winding your yarn?

Did you really think your too small mutton dressed as lamb outfit looked great? And did you really, honestly need to be rude to me for being friendly to you while I was stuck waiting up by your display?

I have an explanation, because I want to think the best of you. One, you have a personal stylist who is currently angry with you. Two, you came for a quick weekend trip from a remote location with no yarn store, and you have no internet access despite the diamonds caking your hands. Three, you had horrible PMS, but thought you'd go anyway. (You went one other time this year, and darned if you didn't buy enough yarn to keep you busy until next trip.) So you're making up for it by buying the 25 skeins of Koigu and 15 of some other stuff. On top of that, you must catch your plane to return to your small, remote, yarnless location and you're feeling stressed about it, you haven't eaten in hours because this yarn is keeping you so busy, and you don't have any time to be nice to people. And, you have a ball winder and swift at home so you aren't asking them to wind it for you.

I want you to know I completely understand, and I'm sorry I used the b-word in my brain to think about you, and further apologize for adding the mental comment about the size of your butt. I have some PMS my own self today.

But the two skeins of Koigu I bought and the pizza I had for dinner have gone a long way to alleviating that. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Um, so I don't think I'll ask how your visit to the yarn store was. ;)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Ah, I got a good blog post and two yummo skeins of yarn out of it. Not all bad. The only part that was rotten was my personal insistence that the world does not revolve around Mrs Koigu. Har! Har!

So I wrote the post to be funny.

2:37 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Yikes! You know, I've never seen this imfamous bad customer at the LYS - I've heard of her (or variant thereof) on different blogs. The owner of the LYS near me is very snarky to rude people - I have the feeling the customer would have been booted out the door and customer goodwill be damned...

Hey - did you join Project Spectrum?

Jo

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home