Saturday, March 11, 2006

How I spent my afternoon

Cleaning the stash. I took photos for Flash Your Stash, and wonder of wonders - I don't have that much. I don't have anywhere near what I thought I did, anyway.

In progress list:
Liesel scarf (needs frogging, not enough yarn)
Jaywalker sock #2 (half done)
Reknit toe of Vera Dream Sock
Camo dream sock #2
Scoop du Jour sweater (sleeves and half of back done)
Pam's blanket (about half done)
Clapotis (ouch)
Socks for Tif
Fix Guitar Boy socks

That's it. It! Can you believe it!

So I've been complaining that something in Cascade 220 (not the superwash) bothers my allergies immensely. I'm not allergic to wool. After sniffing many skeins of wool one night with Sheila, we decided that it's probably the oil that it's spun in. I've been wanting to wash it, but the lady I purchased it from (eBay) wound it for me - but not in center pull bals. Also I don't have a swift. So finally today, I decided to wash it. I wound it around the backs of 2 chairs and then gave it a long soak in lavender cat shampoo with a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil. After a rinse and a spin, it's drying out:

Afternoon

And here are the cat pictures of the week. I was really trying with Fee, but she was annoyed beyond belief with the camera.

Blurry Fee

Hiding
"If I can't see you, you can't see me."

Grady, on the other hand, was a darling:

Grady outside

"Yes, my fur really is purple in real life. I prefer the term "purple grey," however."

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I love that second photo of Fee: See no evil...

That's hardly a stash at all!! You probably need more yarn. :)

11:09 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Yes ma'am, I'll work on that!

Actually I was pretty proud of myself for not having a bunch laying around I'm not using. I do want to make more toys with all that Wool of the Andes. They are so fun!

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home