Tuesday, September 13, 2005

So, yesterday we did a shoot and it was my job to keep him entertained. For one shot we were on a golf course and he was having trouble smiling so...I started telling stories. The one that came out:

Twelve years ago I worked at Outback Steakhouse as a server. They encourage you to sit AT the table with the guests (something that I as a guest don't like). I had a four-top that was part of a party of 12 seated at two tables. I sat down and crossed my feet. One man said, "You have K-Swiss shoes on, we like those shoes. Where did you get them? Stein-Mart?"

Well, I should have known to be careful. Instead, I said, "No, but I love Stein-Mart. I used to work at a place with a guy named Ross, and we used to go to Stein-Mart on breaks. He called it the Jewish Wal-Mart."

Dead silence. They all looked at each other, and then finally someone said, "You see that man over there? He's the CEO of Stein-Mart and we are the national shoe buyers."

Ok, so, I was chewing on that K-Swiss shoe. They left an awesome tip, laughed their heads off at me, and thankfully nothing else went wrong that night.

It was a good shoot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home