Tuesday, October 11, 2005

"Oh you silly stupid pastime of mine"

that line makes me so sad, but Fiona Apple is really great at writing about relationships. I've had several I'd call silly stupid pastimes.

But not this one. :)

Making a Cigar glove out of Knit Picks Wool of the Andes. I like it so far but I really messed up the increases for the thumb gusset and had to frog (sigh, miss dyslexic, read them wrong, did them wrong). I got the thumb stitches on waste yarn and kept going. I had giant gaping holes when I tried to rejoin after putting aside the pinky stitches. It was at that point that I finally realized I have got to make a pattern work for me - not just follow it. So if she says "rejoin" then obviously that means "rejoin in a way that gives you little to no gap." So I did better with the next join.

But, at the index finger I used a cable cast on - you are supposed to set aside 12 stitches and then cast on two and keep going. The two fill in the gap - the space between your fingers. But the cable cast on looks sort of twisty and has an odd bump in it.

Now seriously the problem is I cannot decide if I want these to be full gloves or half-fingers.

Be right back with a picture.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home