Thursday, July 21, 2005

Am currently knitting a Dream sock in Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted, and the felted tote pattern from Hello Yarn. But...I think I made the handles too deep. Instead of 2 1/2" they are more like 3". I know it will shrink up more lengthwise than in width, but I am wondering if this is going to still make the handles too big to hold. About 1 1/2 - 2" seems about right.

Oh well, if it doesn't work I'm out 2 skeins of Patons Classic Merino. Not a bad setback and it's not taking long to knit up.

My #13 Denise are POINTY and I am learning not to shove the left needle down with my right pointer finger. So it means cramming a bunch of stitches up the left needle, knitting a while, then cramming more. But no big deal. The needles are very nice to work with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home